A New Year is a great time to take stock and look back, here’s why and what we did at our professional New Year.
Traditional New Year starts on January 1st. Our organisational New Financial Year started on 1st December. This wasn’t intentional, it was literally the date of the formation of ABC Life Support 14 years ago. This gives us some time to reflect on or our achievements so far.
And we get to celebrate our achievements in the past 12 months.
We also have a clean slate and can begin fresh with a renewed vigour this new financial year.
The organisation has evolved so much in the past year. Here are some of the projects we have been involved in:
- We have developed a dynamic growth strategy, which is based on our core values of being professional and impact driven, as well as being innovative and creative.
- We completed the ASSETS program with the Wates Group and as a result are now listed on a number of supply chains as a First Aid Training provider. The program was designed to help social enterprises achieve national capacity in terms of delivery and reach by 2025 and we were lucky enough to be part of the second-year cohort. Working with The Kings Cross Impact Hub has been an amazing experience, their input has been so important to us– thank you to Angie
- We delivered a Mental Health and Wellbeing Audit into Federated Hermes. This was a strategic piece of work which was celebrated at the HQ on the 8th of November. Thank you to Tony Sigrist, Clare, Angie and Ingrid for being instrumental in helping deliver this.
- We are delighted to have been accepted as part of the Good Business Charter which recognises organisations who are making a responsible focus on their business practices. We are delighted to share this common ground with so many amazing people.
- A founding member of the Region of Learning badge platform for those aged 14-24 to gain nonacademic skill-based learning. We have created a pathway of Mental Health Awareness badges with a view to earners gaining skills to help them as the approach further education or the workplace. We are so proud to be part of this initiative.
- We have become a regular contributor to the Connected Magazine produced by the Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce. Working with the Chambers has enabled us to share our knowledge on both First Aid and Mental Health to the wider business community.
- Our team of freelance trainers has grown significantly in the past 12 months, if you have attended one of our courses you will have met them already! We are very discerning as to who joins the ABC team and we love the passion and drive our trainers have for delivering this life saving training.
- We love to find out your thoughts on different subjects which are of interest. And we have conducted two research surveys on your understanding of Social Impact, thank you to those who got involved. We also conducted our second survey on the Menopause and the responses were fascinating.
As you can see, there has been a lot to celebrate this last year and especially as we come out of the pandemic. We are still feeling the impact however, especially with the cost-of-living crisis, the challenges in regards to the governing of the country and global economic instability.
Even with these threats, we are looking forward to a busy 2023, we are excited to what the next 12 months has in store and we feel we are strongly placed to weather the storms which are on the horizon. Having a strong team of exceptional trainers and clients who put Social Value at the forefront of their organisations gives us such a great start to the next financial year.
We also need to remember that the most important thing is to take care of ourselves and each other and that there is training and awareness that can help prepare us for what comes next.
Happy New Year.