This eLearning module has been designed to give learners the theoretical knowledge needed to accompany 2 days of practical face to face
training day and meets HSE requirements for the First Aid at Work qualification
• understand the role and • chest injuries
responsibilities of the first aider • Burns & Scalds
• assess the situation and • eye injuries
circumstances in order to • administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including spinal
act safely, promptly and • recognise the presence of major illness (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes)
• effectively in an emergency and provide appropriate first aid
• administer first aid • provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns
to a casualty who is and scalds, small splinters)
unresponsive (including • administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
seizure) • administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
• administer • administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
resuscitation and use
an automated external
Access: This online course can be completed on any PC or mobile device. Learners can study at their own pace and log in and out as often as they wish.
1. Appeals to all learning styles with interactive quizzes, video and audio features.
2. Allows learners to work at their own pace, testing their knowledge as they progress through the course.
3. Provides a very thorough resource for those with English as a Second Language to equip them with the vocabulary, language skills and
confidence to pass a practical course.
The course is delivered over 2 days and contains both theoretic and practical learning modules, 6 hours online learning
Assessment Online*: Self checks after each section of the course and an end of course multiple choice assessment
There is no formal assessment. The trainer provides continuous assessment throughout the day.
Certification Online: On successful completion, learners can download a certificate as evidence that they have passed the course
The student will receive an A4 certificate of completion which is valid for 3 years
£255 + VAT per person – includes a First Aid at Work booklet and certificate
Wednesday 12th & Thursday 13th October 2022, 9:30am to 4:30pm each day, eLearning key code will be emailed to you after you have booked your place.
12th October 2022 - 13th October 2022
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Venue: St Neots Football Club